Chelsea Armoire - Century Red
Our classic raised panel armoire. Scalloped bottom rail, rat-tail hinges, generous crown. Made from clear pine. Includes four adjustable shelves and wardrobe bar, for easy pantry / wardrobe conversion. A flexible storage solution, we've sold this cabinet for every conceivable purpose: as a bedroom or entrance wardrobe, as an entertainment cabinet, a kitchen pantry, an awesome toy chest, and a workspace supply cabinet. The solid top cap is an important design and usability feature, as items placed on top won't fall behind the distinctive crown moulding.
Our Century Red multi-tone, textured finish is a striking and incredibly rich statement — and somewhat more costly to produce. The Armoire is first stained in a natural wood tone, and then painted black, and then painted red. The next step is a painstaking wet process that must proceed slowly, and before the paint dries. Followed by a dry process, our Century Red finish is hand rubbed and textured, using an assortment of top secret shop implements and specialized techniques. This armoire will create an unmatched impression in any room. One could assemble an entire decorative story around it.
- • Overall: 48" wide x 25" deep x 72" tall
- • Case: 42" wide x 22" deep
- • Interior depth: 20"
- • Colour: Century Red
- • Interior Colour: Williams Pine
- • Process: Painted
- • Treatment: Smooth Planed
- • Knobs: Century Red
- • Double raised panel doors
- • Floating panels to prevent warping
- • Chamfered frame components
- • Solid top, items will not fall behind the crown
- • Bench-made from solid, clear pine
- • Pegged mortise-and-tenon joinery
- • Solid pine back boards
- Champlain Collection
- Growing up, we'd go on family ski trips to Mont Sainte Anne. We'd visit Quebec City and tour around Île d'Orléans. Always on the look out for interesting furniture, we'd seek out objects and expressions of the local vernacular. We rented ski chalets and had a funny habit of rearranging the furniture and re-imagining the decor. These were great trips. Family times, great skiing and good food. We noticed that the wood furniture had a local flavour and we adored the old painted finishes. Our Champlain Collection was inspired by those trips.
Adjustable shelves are crucial for flexibility of use. This cabinet features our simple and sturdy cleat-and-trammel system. Solid, wooden pegs are arranged in slotted rails, for quick adjustments and no little shelf-clips to misplace.
This cabinet includes a sturdy and easily removable wardrobe bar for simple wardrobe / pantry conversions. The adjustable shelves can be stored in the bottom of the cabinet while not in use.
Custom Variations Available
Because this item is bench-made by local producers, custom variations are available and economical. This includes one-off finishes, simple size adjustments and bespoke design variations. Please be in touch with any specific requests, or learn more about our proven design process.