Edward Table in Natural
Made from solid cherry and truly a classic harvest table, we designed our Contemporary Wilno Table with some subtly non-traditional refinements. The hand cut bevel on the underside of the table-top feels great in the hand, and produces a sharp silhouette from the sturdy 1" solid cherry top . Discrete rabbet grooves, where the apron meets the tapered legs, produce a floating effect and reference the craftsmanship of our skilled producers.
- Available to order online in two sizes:
- • 72" long x 38" wide x 30" tall
- • 84" long x 40" wide x 30" tall
- • Colour: Natural Cherry
- • Process: Clear Lacquered
- • Treatment: Smooth Planed
- • Mortise-and-tenon joinery, where the leg is connected to the apron
- • Hand cut bevel on the underside of the table-top
- • Subtle rabbet groove where the leg meets the apron
- • Bench-made from solid cherry
- Uptown Collection
- Our Uptown Collection is organized around a characteristic austerity of embellishment. Where our traditional collections apply historic methods and reference classic design details, our Uptown Collection dispenses with such flourishes, in favour of a refined, minimal presentation. Inspired by an urban design vocabulary — concrete, glass, straight lines, angular forms — and sympathetic to contemporary tastes, the Uptown Collection is decidedly minimal, but not simple. Rich, natural materials, classic cabinetmaker joinery, attention to detail and a passion for craftsmanship provide a historical connection and depth of character seldom available in manufactured modernism.
Cherry wood is prized by woodworkers and furniture collectors alike. A hardwood, with a smooth texture and quiet grain, cherry, when new, is light in colour with a subtly pink cast. Beloved as a ‘living’ wood, cherry responds to its environment, aging gracefully, and developing a rich patina. A years-old-piece of cherry will mellow into a rich red-brown.
Custom Variations Available
Because this item is bench-made by local producers, custom variations are available and economical. This includes one-off finishes, simple size adjustments and bespoke design variations. Please be in touch with any specific requests, or learn about our proven design process here.