Chelsea Armoire - Black Gloss
Our classic raised panel armoire. Scalloped bottom rail, rat-tail hinges, generous crown. Made from clear pine. Includes four adjustable shelves and wardrobe bar, for easy pantry / wardrobe conversion. A flexible storage solution, we've sold this cabinet for every conceivable purpose: as a bedroom or entrance wardrobe, as an entertainment cabinet, a kitchen pantry, an awesome toy chest, and a workspace supply cabinet. The solid top cap is an important design and usability feature, as items placed on top won't fall behind the distinctive crown moulding.
Our Antique Black finish is stained, painted black and then hand rubbed to create a convincing, distressed patina. As well, this natural distressing has the effect of softening the form, and emphasizing the details. This is a more costly process than our single-tone stained finishes, on account of the additional time and material involved. For authenticity, strength of presence and broad compatibility, a striking piece of painted black furniture can not be beat.
- • Overall: 48" wide x 25" deep x 72" tall
- • Case: 42" wide x 22" deep
- • Interior depth: 20"
- • Colour: Black
- • Process: Painted
- • Wear: Natural
- • Treatment: Smooth Planed
- • Knobs: Black
- • Double raised panel doors
- • Floating panels to prevent warping
- • Chamfered frame components
- • Solid top, items will not fall behind the crown
- • Bench-made from solid, clear pine
- • Pegged mortise-and-tenon joinery
- • Solid pine back boards
- Champlain Collection
- Growing up, we'd go on family ski trips to Mont Sainte Anne. We'd visit Quebec City and tour around Île d'Orléans. Always on the look out for interesting furniture, we'd seek out objects and expressions of the local vernacular. We rented ski chalets and had a funny habit of rearranging the furniture and re-imagining the decor. These were great trips. Family times, great skiing and good food. We noticed that the wood furniture had a local flavour and we adored the old painted finishes. Our Champlain Collection was inspired by those trips.
Adjustable shelves are crucial for flexibility of use. This cabinet features our simple yet sturdy cleat-and-trammel system. Solid, wooden pegs are arranged in slotted rails, for quick adjustments and no little shelf-clips to misplace.
This cabinet includes a sturdy and easily removable wardrobe bar for simple wardrobe / pantry conversions. The adjustable shelves can be stored in the bottom of the cabinet while not in use.
Custom Variations Available
Because this item is bench-made by local producers, custom variations are available and economical. This includes one-off finishes, simple size adjustments and bespoke design variations. Please be in touch with any specific requests, or learn more about our proven design process.