Clairmont Extension Table in Black/Williams
With the distinctively rich texture of its hand planed top, we created this harvest table with something that'll surely come in handy: end leaf extensions. Secured by sturdy hardwood runners that fit smoothly into the notched apron, you're guaranteed four quick additional place settings — two per leaf. Gatherings with the whole gang are a breeze. With 56" between the legs, the 6' table, with its extensions, will easily seat ten people; twelve with the right chairs. Our Clairmont Harvest Table is handmade, and includes two proud-fit drawers to square away tableware, correspondence or small electronics. Offered here in our combination Antique Black base with Hand Planed Williams Pine top, this finish provides a satisfyingly crisp contrast. An enduring piece that will elevate any dining room, kitchen, or workspace.
- • Overall height: 30½"
- • Apron height: 4¾"
- • Floor to apron: 24¼"
- • Legs: 3¾" x 3¾"
- • Top: 1¼"
- • Includes two 16" end leaf extensions
- • Includes two proud-fit drawers, one each side
- • Custom sizes available
- • Colour: Williams Pine top, Antique Black base
- • Process: Stained top, Painted base
- • Treatment: Hand Planed
- • Custom finishes available
- • Bench-made from solid pine
- • Pegged mortise-and-tenon joinery
- Champlain Collection
- Growing up, we'd go on family ski trips to Mont Sainte Anne. We'd visit Quebec City and tour around Île d'Orléans. Always on the look out for interesting furniture, we'd seek out objects and expressions of the local vernacular. We rented ski chalets and had a funny habit of rearranging the furniture and re-imagining the decor. These were great trips. Family times, great skiing and good food. We noticed that the wood furniture had a local flavour and we adored the old painted finishes. Our Champlain Collection was inspired by those trips.
Installing the leaves is a one person job. Yes, this table can be extended. There are two small notches in the apron — where the rails of the end leaves slide securely into the table — the only clue that this is an extension table. Without the leaves there is no crack to mar the surface. It does not ‘look’ like an extension table. There are no telescoping brackets or gear systems. Nothing to break. Four extra guests can be accommodated at the drop of a hat.
We love the way a hand planed, and hand finished wood table top brings a captivating richness and warmth into a decor. We love the subtle way it softens the sight lines and absorbs light instead of reflecting it. Usually there are plenty of shiny surfaces. Instead of a shiny table surface competing with the sparkle of your table setting, a rich warm background balances, frames, and enhances it. Every gathering just feels better. Don't forget the candles!
Available in This Special Grouping
Purchase this table as part of a Special Grouping, and at a really great price!
Choose your table: 5, 6, 7 or 8'. Each with two leaves and matching Wolf Ears Chairs.