An old-fashioned dry sink, common in kitchens and restrooms before the availability of indoor plumbing.
The recessed top was a handy way to prevent spills from careless elbows and catch splashes from energetic washing up. And it was no-doubt useful, as well, to tidy up and tuck things away without actually putting them away.
It remains useful in the contemporary home. It's two large shelves (the bottom of the cabinet, and 1 actual shelf) of wide-open storage behind the gable-hung doors. It makes a great bar – where careless allows are also an issue – and it's an outstanding solution for keys, mittens, dog leashes, and all manner of entryway paraphernalia. And a tiny drawer, of course, for tiny things.
• 42" wide x 18.5" deep x 33" tall
• Material: Solid, knotty pine
• Hand fit mortice and tenon joinery
• Treatment: Hand hewn
• Finish: Lacquer clear-coats over water based paint
• Colour: Black with natural wear exterior, Williams interior
• Hardware: Wood knobs
• Origin: Canada
Available in all Emporium finishes
• Custom Finishes : Available
• Custom Sizes: Not available
• Customer Design Variation: Available