Our Lowell occasional tables depend for their appeal on simplicity, good proportions, and a structure. Simplicity is subtle. These tables depend on negative space for their impact. The spaces defined by the structure are proportioned according to certain ratios found pleasing to the eye. Every dimension is considered; from the overhang of the tops, to the size of the stretchers, to the width at the top and bottom of the legs, and the resulting taper. The apron is set back from the face of the legs, creating a subtle but noticeable shadow line.
Available in six sizes:
• 16" square x 24" tall
• 18" wide x 25" deep x 24" tall
• 22" wide x 25" deep x 24" tall
• 25" square x 24" tall
• 24" wide x 27" deep x 24" tall
• 27" square x 24" tall
• Material: Solid pine
• Treatment: Hand sanded or hand hewn
• Finish: Lacquer clear-coats over a painted base and a stained top
• Colour: Pure White and Black Cherry
• Origin: Canada
Available in all Emporium Finishes.
• Custom Finishes: Available
• Custom Sizes: Available
• Custom Design Variations: Available
Hand Hewn & Solid Top
We love the way a hand hewn, and hand finished wood table top brings a captivating richness and warmth to a decor. We love the subtle way it softens the sight lines and absorbs light instead of reflecting it. Usually there are plenty of shiny surfaces. Instead of a shiny table surface competing with the sparkle of your table setting, a rich warm background balances, frames, and enhances it. Gatherings just feel better.